Options exist for lodging
Spearfish and the surrounding Black Hills area offer many beautiful lodging options for your visit. Whether you are looking for the coziness of a bed and breakfast or the privacy of a vacation home or cabin, a hotel in town, or a place to camp in the hills, there is a place for you to rest from the day’s activities.
Spearfish has over 800 hotel rooms, boasting nine well-known chain properties. For a community this size, it is great to have three bed and breakfasts from which to choose.
Variety of great meals can be found in Spearfish
When in Spearfish looking for a great meal, the only problem is choosing where to go! If you are looking for a great cup of coffee or a nice dining experience you won’t have to look far.
If a sizzling steak, cooked to perfection sounds like the perfect meal, Spearfish has several great steak houses. In addition to home cooking American style, Spearfish also boasts international cuisine including Chinese, Italian, and Mexican. If a meal with a flare of Cajun or Mediterranean suits your fancy, Spearfish has that as well. Don’t forget to try some of the local dishes – trout, buffalo, or Indian tacos. Are you planning an event or gathering here? Grocery markets, caterers and food services can help provide your meals. And if you want to kick back at a pub or bar, you have choices, including the only brewery in South Dakota to can and distribute their own brew.
Spearfish Travel Facts
In 2011, the BBB (Bed Board and Booze) tax generated approximately $509,000. Travelers spent on average, $232 per person per day. With over 200,000 visitors a year, travelers generate over $45,500,000 in revenue for Spearfish. Every hospitality dollar spent in a community turns over 21 times.
2011 SD Tourism Facts
- Tourism expenditures: $3.7 billion
- Visitation grew by 2 percent; visitor spending increased by 3 percent
- Average spend-per-visitor: $232
- One in every 11 South Dakotan owes his/her job to tourism
- Tourism is responsible for 5.3% of total SD Gross State Product
- Tourism generated 19 percent of all state and local tax revenue
- Tourism’s tax contribution reached $833 per SD Household
- Tourism is the third largest private industry in SD based on jobs
- Average Annual Tourism Wages reached $28,340
- Every 461 visitors/travelers creates a new job in SD